AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Missing Transaction IDs Information trying to prove all data is coming through to Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Within Google Analytics I can see 'Transactions' within 'Source/Medium -  secondary dimension - Transaction ID' 

But for some reason there is some transactions 'grouped' 

So for example on All Traffic - Source/Medium- there is Google/CPC with 14 transactions, when I add 'Secondary Dimension; of 'transaction ID'

There is multiple 'Google/CPC' some with one transaction ID and some with multi transactions. 

For example there is one transaction ID will 7 transactions!!

How can I view the actual transactions IDs for these 7 transactions?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Missing Transaction IDs Information trying to prove all data is coming through to Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Normally each transaction should have a unique transaction ID. It seems that the transaction tracking code for the same transaction is fired multiple times in different sessions. This can happen when the user refreshes the page after the session has expired or they bookmark it and coming back at a later time. You need to make sure that the transaction code is fired only once in order to avoid this behavior.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital