AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Missing Random Ecomerce Transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

In my GA account random transactions are not being reported, and I haven't be able to trace any type of pattern. As an example, yesterday I had 8 transactions - Google recorded only 4.

I have tried tons of ways separately (input tracking code manually, enable Google API in Magento, install Magento extension) yet the transactions are still not correct.

I understand that if someone close the browser before the thank you page loads it will not generate the sale - but the # of missing transactions seems way too high.

I've also set up Paypal auto-return so users are directing to the thank you page on my website, which should trigger ecommerce tracking.

Here is Magento extension code as it appears on the thank you page of our site.

Please help to resolve the issues. Thanks in Advance!

<!--Aromicon Google Universal Analytics Section start -->
<script type="text/javascript">
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-79434631-1', 'www.testinthebasket.com');
ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', false);
ga('send', 'pageview');
ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js');
ga('ecommerce:addTransaction', { 'id': 'ORD100002155', 'affiliation': 'English', 'revenue': '190.9900', 'shipping': '60.0000', 'tax': '0.0000', 'currency': 'GBP'});
ga('ecommerce:addItem', {'id': 'ORD100002155', 'name': 'POWERBEATS 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Red', 'sku': 'BT-MHBF2PA/A{15}', 'price': '130.9900', 'quantity': '1'});
ga('ecommerce:send');
</script>
<!--Aromicon Google Universal Analytics Section end -->

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing Random Ecomerce Transactions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Meena,

Sorry to hear you're not seeing the whole picture. Analytics isn't as good as a backend system for reporting number of transactions but I've never heard of such a big difference between transactions.

I recommend:

1. Posting on the Magento Forums about this issue
2. If you're using Aromicon, contact them via their site with your problem

The reason for this is that you're using an extension in Magento so it's up to the makers of the extension to make sure it's working correctly.

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ali,

thanks for your response!

The extension i used is simply adding Google Universial Analytics code to the site, and there are many positive reviews stated that it does help providing accurate data. If the tracking code itself isn't the issue, is there anything I may missed?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Meena,

Have you considered using an all-in-one Magento Extension? You use an Extension for the eCommerce tracking but you manually inputed the code from Aromicon on the site?

Why are you using Aromicon, are they a Magento Extension?

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ali,

Sorry for the confusion. Here is the extension I use, i believe its the maker named Aromicon.
https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-universal-analytics-1.html

I did not manually input any code, those I proved above are all from the extension.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

It sounds like an extension issue since I've used many extensions with Magento and I've never seen that level of difference.

Could you try this extension, which is free, for a while and if you still face issues get in touch?

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-analytics-enhanced-ecommerce-1.html

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ali,

thanks! Will keep you updated!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi meena,

there are quite a few issues that may turn e-commerce data in Analytics different from real real values - see [1].

Firstly, you should take into account a larger set of data - a couple of transactions are definitely too few to draw any statistically significant conclusions from.

You may try to test your setup with Google Tag Assistant Recordings [2] to get a clearer picture what data is actually being transferred to your Analytics account.

Christoph

[1] https://brianclifton.com/blog/2016/06/01/how-to-match-transactions-with-reality/
[2] https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6277302?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ali, and webfield,

I have the same issue, random transactions are not recorded, and even worst, some transaction are recorded but the product inside is wrong.
I also use Magento and i use this extension you recommend Ali : https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-analytics-enhanced-ecommerce-1.html
I have configurated all (GTM with the code GTM-T55T8X , google assistant to see that) and I have adwords, and analytics linked.

Thanks for your help on that Ali !