Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce
 
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Missing Conversion Data - GA Only Tracks Partial Goal Completions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have about 5 goals configured in my website for different account registrations (all are destination goals). The goal tracking has been fine for a long time, but since two weeks ago there has been a huge difference between the goal completions in GA and my back-office account registrations data. It seems like GA only tracks about 25% of my website conversions.

goal completions.PNGgoal completionsgoal configuration.PNGgoal configurationgoal page views.PNGgoal pages - pageviews

The only change that happened during this period with regards to my website is that we had migrated it to a different server. And there has been absolutely no change made to my GA configuration.

 

To be clear:

1. The tracking code is in all pages of the website.

2. The destination URLs are static and remain the same for any number of goal completions from any number of sessions by any number of users.

3. I have only one filter that excludes our internal traffic using IP address, and I'm sure that it is not the cause of this discrepancy. I have compared the destination page's pageviews in my unfiltered view as well.

 

My GA report correlate with each other (goal completions, destination page views, etc.) but not with my internal data. Historically, my GA data has been matching with my internal data, and I'm facing this issue only for the past few weeks.

 

Can anyone help me solve this?

 

Regards,

KK

Missing Conversion Data - GA Only Tracks Partial Goal Completions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Experts,

 

Could anyone help me with this? I'm super-anxious about this. Hope this thread finds the right eyes.

 

Regards,

KK

Missing Conversion Data - GA Only Tracks Partial Goal Completions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Alright, so I had gotten in touch with Google support via the toll free number and was offered an appointment with their implementation team on phone this morning.

 

The support person went through my GA configuration, did some tests and asked me to make the below changes:

1. Change the goal template from "Create an account" to "Custom" (Not sure why)

2. Verify Adwords linking (Not sure if this is related to the issue)

3. Import Google Analytics goals into Adwords (same as above)

 

I've made the changes and will update this thread if I see any changes in the data.