Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Metric to track customer who purchased?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Understand that Google Analytics have New and Returning Visitor metric.

May I know does it have a metric which we can track those return Visitor that have purchased (conversion) before?

If not, is there a workaround which we can explore? Like custom dimension/metrics?

Thanks.

Re: Metric to track customer who purchased?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can try with Advanced segments condition/sequence.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There is no way to measure this value of number of returning visitors who already placed a deal.

Returning visitors will be identified based on the cookie value set on the browser machine, but in case of any deal/order placed by the user, we/GA isn't setting any value to identify these users when they return next time.

But with in given duration of time, we can identify the number of returning users who placed order more than once, here is the link for advanced segment.

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=344afKbTTBmXlxe0156rrA

Edit this advanced segment to check the conditions that applied to measure this.

Hope this helps..

Sam

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi GA_Guru,

Can you elaborate on this?
Do you mean I can create a segment e.g. "Made a purchase" with condition Transactions > 0?

If so, does that mean that in the New Vs Returning report, the Transaction column value refer to the Returning Visitor who came back to purchase? Or it refer to Returning Visitor who already purchased in the past?

What I need here is to track the visitors who already purchased in the past.
Is that possible?

Thanks.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

As Sam suggested we can identify the number of returning users who placed order more than once.

There is no value stored in browser cookie for user who did a transaction.
So we cannot run a report for users who did transaction in past.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.