Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Measuring Upsell Effectiveness and Ecommerce Revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm wondering what is the best way to do the following;

We have an upsell on our payment page which everyone is exposed to via the payment page. I need to measure the effectiveness of the upsell.

I can create a unique event for the feature, something like;

Event Category: Payment Upsell

Event Action: AddtoCart

Event Label: ProductxyzUpsell

In this scenario I could identify the users who trigger event but a user could add the upsell but not necessarily go through with your transaction. A user could  remove the upsell from the order or abandoned the cart all together after adding.

One possible solution could be to create a segment with the PaymentUpsell >>AddtoCart and without the event PaymentUpsell>>RemovefromCart where transactions >0

I feel like there's a better way to be doing this and that there's a major flaw with my approach, but I cant work out the ideal solution. Any ideas?

Re: Measuring Upsell Effectiveness and Ecommerce Revenue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi - I know this is a bit ordinary but if you turn the upsell off for a week then you'll know exactly how well it is working?
Or just change the product being upsold for a week or two and look at the difference to both.
or just leave the upsell on and just check to see if the people who are buying that upsell product are doing so after passing through the payment page or just buying directly.
none of those are fancy answers but will tell you how well it is working.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for the reply, we actually came up with the solution to have different individual event category's for various elements of the upsell. for example UpsellShown UpsellAddedToCart UpsellRemoved. Finally UpsellPurchased which is only sent after the transaction is processed/sent. therefore with this solution we get everything. Impressions, conversions and value of upsell.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
yeah that's a good idea thanks for posting your solution.