AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Making referral links from my PDF trackable

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we produce a monthly digital publication in PDF we send out for free to our subscribers who download it on their smartphones, tablets and computers and read it offline.

Is there a way we can make the referral links coming from these PDF files recognizable as coming from our file to advertisers that are using Analytics to monitor their website hits without forcing them to create a custom landing page?

Since each user has his own IP I suppose these hits appear to our advertisers as anonymous direct hits to their website and not as coming from our PDF.

Thanks 

Edoardo

Re: Making referral links from my PDF trackable

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Edoardo,
Best way to use UTM tag for creating such referral links and short them by bitly or goo.gl , and use that links in your content to refer traffic to advertisers. By this way you can monitor referral traffic by two way one by UTM tags and second by short link providers.

Thanks
Vivek