Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Making Referral Traffic a Goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I need help on how to make a specific referral traffic a goal. We have a blog on a sub domain (blog.company.com) and we want to track the traffic from the blog to our wesbite (company.com). I know if we got to referral traffic and type in the blog we can see it, which is great. But we need to make it a goal so it will sync into SalesForce. Does anyone know how to set up this kind of goal? I do have access to both analytic accounts for the company domain and the blog domain. I just thought it would be easier to set up a referral traffic goal in the company analytics but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Making Referral Traffic a Goal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I have heard some people use a bogus URL parameter on the links so Analytics can trigger on a unique page URL. Like mydomain.com?x=101

Not sure if it works for them...
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.