Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So i´m using kickofflabs for a pre-signup campaign and I used the script on both my landing page and "thanks for signing-up page". I just logged in and got the message: Missing Tracking Code (http) is missing valid tracking code.

So, I clicked on details and got this message: No valid tracking code found for property's (http) default URL. Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code. Google Tag Assistant Recordings can help you ensure that your pages are properly tagged.

I have the script on both pages to track visitors (landing page) and conversion ("thank you page" via goals set-up).

What should I be doing? Don´t really want to go into tags for now.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Make sure your default URL is the same as your site URL in Admin -> Property -> Property Settings (if your site is accessible through https chose https here).

Did you check your site with the Google Tag Assistant Chrome plugin to ensure that your tracking code is working properly?

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

Thaks for your quick reply.

So I checked up on property. I have my landing page URL as the same as my default URL. But I have not selected view in "default view" and neither have I selected an "Industry Category". Would it make a difference?

Tried to run Google Tag Assistant and it says I can optimize the default URL (landing page) by adding Google Analytics (which I did and - I also can see traffic etc in my analytics account).

Btw. my "thank you for signing page" also shows conversion goals for my sign-ups

Can you provide some insights on the subjects?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

Not selecting a default view and industry category does not affect this error.
If you've added the tracking code and it is listed in Google Tag Assistant in green or blue and you're receiving data in Google Analytics you can click the "Check Again" link below the error message. GA will check again if it can find the tracking code on your site. Let me know if you have more questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

So, the Google tag assistant icon in my browser is blue with a red dot. When I open it on my site it says:

Result of Tag Analysis
0 In total
No tags found

Which makes sense as I didn't add any tags? - I only used my google script on my two pages. Or am I misunderstanding the whole thing here?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

You need to add the tracking code to each page of your site, otherwise Google Analytics will report the missing tracking code error. Does your site have only two pages, landing and thank-you page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

I´ve been away for awhile and just got back to this issue. Yes. My site has only two pages. It´s a pre.launch while we work on the last bits on our beta.