Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Link tracking via URL to Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having difficulty with getting the generated URL from the URL Builder and connecting it to my google analytics account to know who clicks on the link. I'm very lost at this point and am not understanding the differences between all of the different types of link tracking methods.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Link tracking via URL to Google Analytics account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

What kind of difficulties do you have with getting the generated URL from the URL Builder?

Check the article below about the URL parameters, it explains how they works and there are examples also.

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/how-to-use-utm-parameters/

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

The issue with the builder and my google analytics account is, is that it doesn't receive any information about anyone who clicks on the link. Any reason as to why i'm not receiving any of this data?

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

The data should appear under Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Channels. You should be able to see the campaign parameters you set in URL builder.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital