AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Link channel with transaction completed several days after first contact

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a problem with mapping channel costs with revenue. The main problem is: I have completed transaction after several (10-45) days after first customer contact. I passed one to GA through Measurement API. But there is no way to pass transaction date using Measurement API. As a result I can't generate report with link "advertisement cost" <-> "revenue" due to time shift.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Konstantin S
March 2016

Re: Link channel with transaction completed several days after first contact

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Konstantin,

You would just send it the same way you send the updated transaction data but as a custom dimension (which would also have to be configured in the GA interface).

More on that here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/parameters#cd_

How you include and configure depends on whether you are running Enhanced or classic Ecommerce.

Does that help?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Konstantin,

That is correct you cannot send a transaction date, it will be added on the date sent. When reconciling in the UI you have to have a date range that includes the initial transaction and the one with the revenue update.

There are some other methods to tie it all together including using the core reporting API to get and store the campaign data and push back in if you like along with the initial transaction date.

Frankly, there a lot of ways to do this but your data in the UI would always need to include the original transaction date as well.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Theo. I have all necessary data (including initial transaction date) and I could send it to GA from my CRM, but I don't know which way? Could you please describe method I could consolidate my report without exporting campaign data from GA?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Konstantin S
March 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Konstantin,

You would just send it the same way you send the updated transaction data but as a custom dimension (which would also have to be configured in the GA interface).

More on that here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/parameters#cd_

How you include and configure depends on whether you are running Enhanced or classic Ecommerce.

Does that help?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn