Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Lead Gen Site - Inbound Phone Calls Attribution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We're working with a training provider and trying to get some idea of how well the site is working in terms of generating inbound calls (that is after all the main purpose of their site). They can manually log the calls and categorize them by the nature of the enquiry but just wondering if there is any way to link that data, in any meaningful way, back to the Analytics data/reports so that some action can be taken to improve the site. (They don't have any dynamic number system on the site).

Many thanks,

Robert

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Robert, 

There are few options here: 

1) Use a Google Forwarding Number to keep track of calls. Technically its meant for AdWords but I've heard of people using it for other uses. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2382961?hl=en

2) Important your call data into Analytics. If the calls are already being logged manually then it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I would do a custom import of the data and then great unique goals based on the quality of lead listed.  https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3191589?hl=en

3) Create an 'event' when someone clicks to call on your website. This can be useful but many people may just manually dial. To remedy this you could theoretically create a click to show phone number and tie that to a goal/event. 

Hope this helps! 

-Josh 

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joshua,

Many thanks for your quick reply and for the info - very helpful and much appreciated. We'll look into each of the options.

Thanks again,

Robert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh - how do you determine the quality of the leads? (your #2)