Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Know what keywords a specific user did type when coming on your site ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have tried to identify what are the keywords a specific user typed to get on my website, but can't find any information about this...

Where should I look ?

Thank you.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Adage A,

Best way is using search console for organic search keyword analysis. You can also check Google Analytics's Organic Keywords report(Acquisition -> Campaigns -> Organic Keywords). 

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thank you,

In Google Analytics > Acquisition > Campaigns > Organic, almost keywords are "Not Provided" (about 95% of traffic).

In the Search Console I can't look up after last 72h. Plus the whole Search Console seems confusing to me...

Isn't there another way ?

Thank you.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Adage A,

Basically, "Not Provided" is because of privacy protection. When user is logged into a Google product (such as Gmail etc.), search keywords are not being provided in Google Analytics. This is the reason that you should prefer Search Console as it is a dedicated tool for search engine ranking.

What you can do is linking Google Analytics with Search console. After your linking is completed, Google Analytics will fetch the Search console data and you will be able to see your search queries on Queries report (Acquisition -> Search Console -> Queries) in Google Analytics. Please take a look at the following article to for linking: link

About data delay; yes, there is a delay(around 3 days) in Search Console.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards