AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Issue tracking goal completions when having multiple receipt pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I am having an issue with regards to goal tracking in GA. 

1. I used to have the following goal URL: 

with this goal setup: destination equals to: xyz/kjop#/bil/ferdig

2. I got a new goal url: xxx/kjop#/bil/ferdig

3. I merged the new and old goal URL by only having the last part of the URL as a goal
destination matches regex: /kjop#/bil/ferdig

Unfortunately, I did not get any goal completions at all when using this method. However, when using regex on /kjop#/bil/ferdig, in the pages report I did find goal completions. 

Any solutions on how I can alter the goal setup in order to track both new and old goal completion urls?

Thanks
Andreas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue tracking goal completions when having multiple receipt pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Goal verification can be a little misleading at times and not always accurate.
If your regex is working in the pages report then I would setup the goal anyway despite what the verification says
You could always do it in a test View so as to not mess up your current reporting View while you tweak the goal setup
and once you know it all works as expected.. then apply the same in the main reporting View
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here