AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Is that possible to using UTM for hub website

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone, 

My website has many sub-domain and dedicate Google analytics property for tracking the traffic, We always using an UTM parameter to track the traffic channel but we have a few issues regarding on that. Because we need to tracking the conversion that pass throgh Blog post with edm traffic an example;

We send the articles via edm to website 1 but at the end we need to transform those user to our customer by register at website 2, Normally we can do by setting an UTM for that articles. But how can we know that conversions is made from which marketing channel by website 1.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apiwat C
December 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

One possibility is to create an automated UTM link which carries Website 1's source/medium within the Website B's UTM tracking code under the utm_content parameter.  Then you could see which referrals from Website A convert on website B by using a Secondary dimension.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am not 100% sure about your issue here but I believe cross domain tracking (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en) should resolve your issue.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@theniks

Thanks for answering, But to be clear what I need to know. Please se the scenario below.

Website A (Content Portal) sending an EDM to customer

Website A send traffic to website B (Money site)  by blog post to generate conversions.

So is it possible to track conversion that pass through website A within traffic came by EDM rather than Facebook, Because all post we boost for facebook ads as well. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI 

Yes you can use cross domain tracking code on outgoing links website A to website B to achieve this.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@theniks,

Thanks for answer again, 

Cross-Domain tracking is working for different domain, But I need to know from each sub-domain due to we using different GA ID to track for each sub. So is it possible to using User ID ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apiwat C
December 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

One possibility is to create an automated UTM link which carries Website 1's source/medium within the Website B's UTM tracking code under the utm_content parameter.  Then you could see which referrals from Website A convert on website B by using a Secondary dimension.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Cedric W,

thanks for suggestion, But we still need to think more about the solutions. Because we aware of server load time of parameter, As our blog has a lot of content is about 4,000 - 5,000 content. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hope you find a solution to your issue!