Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to link ecommerce transactions to campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We currently are able to track campaigns (using the link builder) and we are able to track ecommerce.  But  we want to be able to see which campaigns are leading to which ecommerce transactions.

Is that possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

There's several different reports and methods to get this data but the simplest is to go acquisition>campaigns>all campaigns.

You can then read off the success of your different campaigns in the metrics on the right of the table. If you want to drill down into specific products or categories then, depending on your set-up, you can use segments or/and custom tables. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go to the acquisition>campaigns>all campaigns I see the campaigns but the Transactions and Revenue columns are 0.  I know I did a transaction during the same session.  I can go to Conversions > Ecommerce > Transactions and see the test transactions.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

can you check what the attribution is for those test transactions? You can do this by using campaign, or source/medium, as a secondary dimension in the report you mention. What do you see there? Is it dominated by one referring source? This would suggest an attribution issue.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Is it possible to link ecommerce transactions to campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The campaign is not set.  See the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 8.15.38 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having exactly the same problem. Ecommerce sales are not showing under 'Campaigns', hence I cannot see which traffic source (advert) is generating sales for me.

Be great to figure out how to do this, as its pretty essential. Thanks in advance for the help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Robin, were you able to figure it out?  I'm still not getting them to show.