AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to get a bar graph to show all types of goal, rather than just events?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Smiley Happy

In our GA we have some event goals and destination goals.

Its been easy enough to set up a bar graph showing the event goals against the number of users, but i'm not able to my destination goal total in the same bar graph (because its grouped by event name). Is there a way to group by Goal name instead, so the destination goal can be included ?

Kind Regards,

Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danielle M
November 2016

Is it possible to get a bar graph to show all types of goal, rather than just events?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Dan,

Goal Completion Location might get you to something useful, that said there isn't a dynamic dimension that can be used in the same way as Event Label (or Category or Action); i.e. there is nothing akin to "Goal Name" .

You could do two weird things like set a custom dimension with a goal name for all of your completions - events and destination alike or fire events on destination goals as well.  

I would choose neither since we are just talking about expediting reporting.   If you are using GTM it would be simple enough to also fire an event or a custom dimension -- so I MIGHT do that.

You could also use the goal overview report instead - which can be scheduled or attempt this in data studio. 

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Dan,

What is the location of the report?  GA Dashboard, Data Studio, etc?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

This is in the GA Dashboard.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danielle M
November 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Dan,

Goal Completion Location might get you to something useful, that said there isn't a dynamic dimension that can be used in the same way as Event Label (or Category or Action); i.e. there is nothing akin to "Goal Name" .

You could do two weird things like set a custom dimension with a goal name for all of your completions - events and destination alike or fire events on destination goals as well.  

I would choose neither since we are just talking about expediting reporting.   If you are using GTM it would be simple enough to also fire an event or a custom dimension -- so I MIGHT do that.

You could also use the goal overview report instead - which can be scheduled or attempt this in data studio. 

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn