Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Is it good for e commerce site to have tag manager account ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Respected Members ,

I am having an e-commerce site , so i wanted to know -
-should i have a google tag manager accoount ?
-Is it really important for the ecommerce sites to have a tag manager account ?

p.s.- I dont have any knowledge of scripts but i will need to put facebook ads codes (retargeting , conversion traking and other codes) , adwords codes (retargeting , coverstion , thanks you page and other codes.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it good for e commerce site to have tag manager account ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sue,

It is not in any way required to push all these tags using a tag management solution such as GTM but in the long run I strongly recommend it - using GTM you will probably save time and be more flexible and independent in parts of the tagging process.

Please note that having GTM does not really reduce the need for developer help / service at least not in the initial stages of implementation.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is not in any way required to push all these tags using a tag management solution such as GTM but in the long run I strongly recommend it - using GTM you will probably save time and be more flexible and independent in parts of the tagging process.

>> Thanks for your reply sir , My developer is not there now. So when the guy who will do ad campaigns for me (Facebook and adwords ) will say me to put the codes in my site then i dont know how and where to put them so i was thinking to open google tag manager account thinking that it will make my job easy.

Please note that having GTM does not really reduce the need for developer help / service at least not in the initial stages of implementation.

>>You mean i will surely need help of the developer in implementation tags in google tag manager account ? Sir what do you mean by this line i did not understand it ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sue,

Part 1
Adding simple FB and adwords tags is pretty straight forward with a prerequisite GTM is implemented on all pages on your site. So in that case no real need for dev is needed. In case you are using dynamic tags for e.g. dynamic remarketing some dev help will probably come in handy.

Part 2
For some more complex tagging situations such as google analytics ecommerce tracking dev help will probably be needed.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net