Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Interesting thought: Why do I need a purchase goal when we have transactions already?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

I was wondering: Lots of pages suggest adding your "Thank you" page as a goal conversion. But why is that actually necessary, considering that you already have transactions via the normal e-commerce integration?

Are there any reasons not to remove our current "Thank you" page goal?

Best,

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jan P
April 2017

Interesting thought: Why do I need a purchase goal when we have transactions already?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

But why is that actually necessary, considering that you already have transactions via the normal e-commerce integration?

It's not.

If ecommerce is accurately reporting then go ahead. If you want to keep that goal in order to compare it to total transactions then keep it. 

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jan P
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

But why is that actually necessary, considering that you already have transactions via the normal e-commerce integration?

It's not.

If ecommerce is accurately reporting then go ahead. If you want to keep that goal in order to compare it to total transactions then keep it. 

Tom