AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Attribution of Sales

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We're facing issue with incorrect attribution of sales. Most of our revenue is coming from organic, CPC or Social, however, the attribution, more often than not, goes to Direct Traffic, (pages on the shopping cart as landing pages (there's no way people can reach them directly)). 

I've noticed that there are multiple GA codes (actually three) on all shopping cart pages , could this be the reason for this issue. Check below screenshotModel Comparison Tool   Analytics.png
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vishal V
September 2016

Re: Incorrect Attribution of Sales

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I suspect the problem is broken cross-domain tracking, or lack of a proper Referral Exclusion List entry -- the session to the shopping cart and back is getting broken. Those are the areas to look, but the details depend on your configuration.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vishal V
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I suspect the problem is broken cross-domain tracking, or lack of a proper Referral Exclusion List entry -- the session to the shopping cart and back is getting broken. Those are the areas to look, but the details depend on your configuration.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

Thanks a ton for your input. I will do the needful & share the outcome.