AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Inconsistency between tracked goal and actual email signups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I'm having an issue where my goal completion numbers in analytics are extremely inconsistent with the number of email signups I see in my Mailchimp. For example, I'll see over 20 people sign up to my Mailchimp list, but analytics only reports 2 goal completions for the same day. 

I have a very simple goal set up: destination url equals to my thank you page. 

I am using Wix as a web platform, if that makes a difference.

Any help with this matter would be appreciated. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you checked the traffic to that page rather than the goal?  Behavior>Site Content>All Pages> then type in your url in the search box in the top right above the table.  That will at least tell you if it's a problem with the goal, or a problem with recording the pages. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So it looks like traffic to the page is the same as my goal. I'm positive that there has been more than merely 6 visits to that page. Any idea why there might be a problem with recording this particular page? All other pages seem to be okay.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this is a longshot, but, do you have your internal pages filtered out so they are not showing? (you should) then at that point, why do you think that page is getting more traffic? Not questioning you, just trying to understand?  You could try to hit it from a different IP that you don't have blocked and see if it is still not reporting?