Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Include external page in conversion funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a problem with including an external landing page (instapage) into our conversion funnel: 

This is the funnel users e.g. from CPC go through: cpc campaign>external landing page>internal booking page>internal confirmation page 

What happens currently is that the traffic is counted double, once coming from the cpc campaign and once coming from the landing page (either indicated via source/medium (UTM link) or if i don't have this UTM link it goes into direct/organic traffic). The conversions are only attributed to either the UTM link or direct/organic traffic. 

I tried to exclude this landing page as referral, but then I miss the traffic that goes to the landing page which doesn't convert to the next (internal) page. 

The external landing page is hosted on our server. We could also add custom tracking code there. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katrin M
December 2015

Re: Include external page in conversion funnel

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katrin M
December 2015

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ugh super clear now that you mention this, I guess thats what we need to do. Thanks so much!