AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Importing E-Commerce Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Due to a technical issue, GA e-commerce tracking has failed for a few days but recovered by now. I have been asked to import missing GA transactions from our backend. Can this be done with Custom Data import? With another tool?

We have GA Premium Account.

Thanks

Karl-Heinz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing E-Commerce Data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Karl-Heinz,

Enhanced Ecommerce allows you to upload refund data via data import and I don't think this can be tweaked to load actual transactions.

It can be done by using the measurement protocol but time is of the essence. The transactions will show on the day in which you push them. What that means is that transactions for the days missing will all show as happening today if you were to push them today. I recommend also setting a custom dimension at the same time with the correct date. This will allow an analyst to correct for the date difference. (You'll have to define a new custom dimension in the admin section first.)

The other problem that you're going to have is that if you do not have the original client id, then the transactions are going to float out there without proper attribution to the original source so having the data wont necessarily help your analysts measure performance on any sort of actionable level.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/devguide#ecom

If you have a premium account, you probable have ALOT of transactions to push.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn