Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Imported Google Analytics Goals in Adwords not Matching

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

i have a stumper and wold like to ask for some help from the brain trust.  I've set up a few goals in the Analytics. one for page views/session and another for session duration.  When I click the "Verify this Goal" during Goal setup, I get the expected nonzero result and proceed. However when I look at goal completion rates in the Acquisition section of Analytics, it shows only zero values.  I've verified that the date ranges are set properly and, oddly, Analytics does report average page views and session duration data indicating that my goals should report a non zero result (i.e. page view goal is set to "greater than 1," average page views/session is reported as 1.7 but it still indicates 0% of users completed goal of seeing more than one page).  I set up the goal over a week ago so there shouldn't be any data latency issues so I'm stuck.  Can you help?

Thank you!

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Imported Google Analytics Goals in Adwords not Matching

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
John,

You should see conversion on visits AFTER you set up the goal. Also are you looking in the same view in which you configured the goals? Goals are view specific.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn