Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Import offline conversions in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

I'm currently running Adwords campaigns that generate onsite conversions via a web to lead form. Then the final conversion is made offline. 

In order to be able to attribute offline conversions to Adwords campaigns I considered importing the offline data into adwords, but the web-to-lead form solution doesn't allow to store the gclid into the CRM and make the match between adwords leads and converted leads. 
I was wondering if there is a way to import this data in Google Analytics and do the match not based on gclid but on emails. I capture the email in ma event goal and I store it in the goal information in Analytics so I have this data in both Analytics and the CRM. I'm just trying to figure out a way to upload and match the data in GA without doing a vlookup offline. 

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marc L
November 2015

Re: Import offline conversions in GA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, Marc. U don't need to use gclid, u need to use CID (client ID). Just grab it and put to hidden field in your web form . Then when offline conversion is done just import it to Analytics via Data Import tool or Measurement protocol

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marc L
November 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, Marc. U don't need to use gclid, u need to use CID (client ID). Just grab it and put to hidden field in your web form . Then when offline conversion is done just import it to Analytics via Data Import tool or Measurement protocol

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

as Ivan said you should store Client Id in any case - it can be useful later on. When the offline conversion happens you can use measurement protocol - data import will not work in that case (data import widens the data set on a hit in most cases).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK I will explore that possibility. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer. I will see if I can capture this ID in the CRM.
Best,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
https://www.optimizesmart.com/tracking-offline-conversions-in-google-analytics/ - here is good article where all cases are described