Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Implementing event tracking with tag manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, please excuse the naivety here, but I am trying to familiarize myself better with Google Tag Manager. Does anyone have gedd references or instructions on how to implement an event tag for click-to-call clicks on the page(s)? I have several different click-to-call numbers on different pages, (individual location pages etc. Do I need multiple tags? what is the best way to go about doing this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Implementing event tracking with tag manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Mitch W,

I'm not sure what a "gedd" reference is, but here is a similar thread that may be helpful: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Can-I-add-Click-to-Call-tra...

If you still have questions, feel free to post back here.

Regards.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: Implementing event tracking with tag manager

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
if all "click-to-call" phone numbers are links and their href attribute looks like this href="tel:+PHONE_NUMBER" you can use a single trigger:

Click URL starts with tel:

Then use this trigger to fire your GA tag. As a label you can set Click Text or Click URL to pass clicked phone number to GA.