Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

I set up GTM ecommerce tracking but is it working?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I would like to activate the eCommerce overview in Google Analytics.

I'm using Google Tag Manager (GTM) so I've created a tag that fired on the thank you page,

as you can see, it seems that this tag is working

tags fired thank you page.jpg

The thing is, when I'm checking it in Google Analytics eCommerce overview I still got

e commerce tracking.JPG

Is it normal ? Did I do a mistake or do I need to wait a little bit? How can I check that my integration was successful?

Thank guys.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I set up GTM ecommerce tracking but is it working?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Thomas,

You need to enable ecommerce tracking for your view in Admin -> View -> Ecommerce Settings.
You also need to add a javascript json object called dataLayer to your thank you page that contains the transaction details for the ecommerce tracking tag. Please check the article below for more details:
https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/set-up-ga-ecommerce-tracking-using-google-tag-manager/
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: I set up GTM ecommerce tracking but is it working?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Arnold,

I did it and looks like it's working. Do you know how long is it between a transaction and the report of this transaction in Analytics? (is it in real time or do you need to wait some hours?)

regarding the dataLayer I've screenshoted this

dataLayer.JPGdataLayer

and

Trigger thank you JS.JPGgtm.js

Do you think that everything is ok ?

I can't go to https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/set-up-ga-ecommerce-tracking-using-google-tag-manager/ I've an internal error. Is the issue on my side?

Thank you again Arnold.