Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to view MCF (multi channel conversion) "stack" for a specific page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just discovered that gAnalytics attributes the SOURCE as the referring site if the last visit was a REFERRAL link.

That fouls up our rather crude attribution of Sales (we look at the confirmation page after a purchase on our third party shopping cart)

I'm hoping that the MCF report might give me the full stack and give a better idea of attribution.

I.e if the Source "stack" were:

Medium=Newsletter > Medium=REFERRAL

I'd like to see BOTH for a page and then I can judge if our Newsletter really helped out that sale.

so, something like this MCF report, but for a specific page

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to view MCF (multi channel conversion) "stack" for a specific page?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Mr. Analogy,

Welcome to the bane of analytics; the third party cart... only slightly less hated than the Devil's plague on humanity: the iframe.   Smiley Happy

You can't use MCF for a specific page, conversion or transaction.  That said, you can look at all conversions in aggregate or select a specific type to explore and this should help.

That said, make sure you add your 3rd party domain to admin>>property>>tracmking info>>referral exclusion list  as this may clear up the issue for you.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn