Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to track the pages which led to conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Please could you help me to find a solution for the next problem.

I've created a conversion but at the moment i need to track which exactly page was the last before conversion complete. For example, i have 100+ job applications pages on the website and one "Thank-you" page for all pages. User visits the job application page then fills up the form and redirects to the "Thank-you" page. The issue is how to track the page which was the last before conversion complete. What is better GA or GTM? And what report will help? Goal visualization isn't the best solution because there is the data only about top-last converted pages not about all ones.

Have a great day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor T
March 2016

Re: How to track the pages which led to conversion

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Victor,

if you only need the last page the visitor visited before he/she visited the thank-you page, I would recommend a Custom Report:
Click on Customization -> New Custom Report -> flat table, add a name and choose as dimension "Goal Previous Step - 1" and metrics "Goal completions" or the relevant goal or "Goal Completion Location" (depedning on your goal set up). The Reverse Goal Path under Conversions -> Goals by default hat 3 previous steps which makes this view a litte bite more complex.

GA and GTM are able to deliver you the relevant data in it's standard configuration.

Bye. Nils.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you try using Behaviour Flow report in Google Analytics? Use the view type selector at the top of the report to see user movement between Pages, events or pages and events.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! But it's not actually that i'd like to see. I want to see the report where i can find all the pages which were the last before conversion page and their converted frequency.
Anyway, thanks for your response!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perhaps Reverse Goal Path would be what you're looking for?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not the exacltly what i was looking for. But thanks for your answer!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor T
March 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Victor,

if you only need the last page the visitor visited before he/she visited the thank-you page, I would recommend a Custom Report:
Click on Customization -> New Custom Report -> flat table, add a name and choose as dimension "Goal Previous Step - 1" and metrics "Goal completions" or the relevant goal or "Goal Completion Location" (depedning on your goal set up). The Reverse Goal Path under Conversions -> Goals by default hat 3 previous steps which makes this view a litte bite more complex.

GA and GTM are able to deliver you the relevant data in it's standard configuration.

Bye. Nils.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Nils!
Thanks a lot!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'd like also to clarify. "Goal Previous Step - 1" is the last step before conversion, isn't it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, it is.

How to track the pages which led to conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Victor,

Glad you found a solution to your problems!

Finding the most valuable and profitable pages of your website is crucial to improve your conversions. It can lead to a lot of actionable insights in your business that you can actually take and start working on – once you know that “X” page of your website is what leads people to buy (or not) – you can go in and further optimize that page, create a set of pages, create a funnel to educate your potential customers more and so on.

I wrote an in-depth post to find the most explaining the same - http://webanalyticshub.com/most-valuable-pages/