Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to track successive events/goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone. 

My site is tracking a multitude of different events and goals, which are set up correctly and actively receiving hits.  I can run reports to see how many users are completing each event for a given timeframe.

But now what I need to do is see how many users are completing multiple events.  For instance, if 100 users completed "Goal 1" ... how many of those 100 users also completed "Goal 2?"  Or, how many users completed both Goal 1 AND Goal 2 during a given timeframe? 

Same thing with events.  Can I track when the same users complete different configurations of Events?  For instance, for a given timeframe could I find the number of users who submitted their contact information AND downloaded a brochure AND completed a purchase, if each of those three things was being tracked as an event?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to track successive events/goals

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jarrett,

Yes.  Build segments that satisfy your conditions.  You could use user based segments for your goals and look at up to 90 days at a time.  If there is a logical flow, sequence based segments might make more sense.

More on segmenting:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123951?hl=en&ref_topic=3123779

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn