Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to track search results conversion?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to track for each search results pageview whether the user clicked on a result or not.

So, basically, I could then report on the number of search results views that resulted in engagment.

How can I track this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to track search results conversion?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ralph,

You can find number of pageviews for your search results page in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages.
It depends on your setup if they are tracked as a single page or a different page for each search.
Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Arnold,

Yes, I know that. What I'm trying to do is go from that report to saying "on this specific search results pageview", did the user click on a search result or not? That is, did the user go to the detail page.

So basically I'm looking for a hit-level funnel of sorts.

Is this possible?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ralph,

You can click the specific search result page in that report and select "Navigation Summary" above the graph.
You'll see the next page paths and the number of pageviews for each. Let me know if this is what you need.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Arnold.

Is there a way to report on this without having to click on each one. Basically, the report table would have the Page URL in the first column, second column would be Pageviews, and third column would be # of Results clicked.

Do you know if there is a way to do this in GA?

How to track search results conversion?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold, 

I am also wondering if we can set up a goal to track search conversion like what Ralph has shared?