Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to track multiple forms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day.

I have a complicated request from my client. I'm actually programming his website and he's an aesthetics surgeon. So he provides:

1. Services

a. Botox

b. Fillers

c. Hair Removal

d. bla

e. bla

f. bla

2. Products

a. Treatment Creams

b. Eye Creams

c. ....

d. .....

So each page e.g treatment creams has a form. How do I track this on Google Analytics after each form submission to achieve as a goal or conversion? I want to capture the flow of user after they have submitted the form and know "form" is it from. Reason being that even if they are on eye creams product it doesn't mean they are interested. Only when they submit the form. Do I need one code? Appreciate if you could explain the steps slowly.

Re: How to track multiple forms

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

one straight forward method for tracking form submissions as goals can be accomplished by using a Destination based goal.

when a user submits a form does the site send them to a Thank You page?

using this logic, you can setup each form submission as a different goal, and enter the URL of the Thank You page as the destination Goal.

Here is additional documentation from Google on setting up goals:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415

Hope this helps,
Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Grant,

Thank you for enlightening me. Currently I'm just redirecting them back to the current page and replace html form with a thank you text. Should I create more than 1 Thank you page for each form submission? Or can I just redirect them to a single thank you page but create goals for each form? Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Reza,

Good question. Depends on how you want to see the data in your GA reports. If you are only concerned with knowing that someone HAS submitted a form, then a single Thank You page for all submissions will suffice.

If you want to know which form was submitted, you might want to set up a unique Thank You page for each of the different forms, and then your goal URL in GA would be the corresponding TY page. This way when a certain form was submitted you know exactly which one it was, and not just that A form has been submitted.

Hope this helps,
Grant