Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to track commission from external links to shop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a (fairly new) online shop. We are starting to offer commission to third party websites who direct traffic to our website which result in sales from our shop. I have turned on the Ecommerce option in Google Analytics. How can I use Google Analytics to track and report the sales and commission for these leads?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to track commission from external links to shop

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bokashi L,

Please review this Google Analytics Help File and learn more about the uses and limitations of Ecommerce Analytics. I think it will provide the help you need, more precisely, and give you a better overall understanding. 

ecomm analytics.jpg

Please let us know how things go and if you need further help or questions answered. 

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I think Google URL bulider can help.What do you think?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Firstly you have to make sure that ecommerce is setup correctly on your site, turning the ecommerce option alone is not enough to track e-commerce transaction but rather you have to  set up code changes on your site. Read how to set up Ecommerce Tracking on your website or app.

Once the tracking is setup correctly you can create a custom report which shows source / medium of traffic and sales that come from it and view sales data according to different leads on your site. Learn more about custom reports before implementing.

Also you should use utm_ parameters to make sure all incoming traffic sources are properly tracked.