Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to track a goal/conversion on a third party site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I run a climbing news website and print magazine. You can subscribe online, but when you hit our subscribe button on our website it takes you to a third party --> https://service.qfie.com/rockice/clsripubsite.asp

Since this is outside of our website we can't add a goal with a "destination page". We run various email and social subscription campaigns though and want to track our covnersions on subscription purchases. What's the best way to do this? Is there a 1x1 pixel I can give this third party to place on the "Thank you" page that will signal a completed purchase?

Thanks!

How to track a goal/conversion on a third party site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jordi, 

Ahh very interesting. Thanks for the insight. How would we actually implement this. We don't control the third party subscription website. Would we have to have them input this code into their website? 

There are technically five pages for our subscription process. 

Welcome Page

Promo

Form/Contact Page

Payment Page

Thank you Page

If I wanted to track the "funnel" to see exactly how many people get through all the entire process would I set up a virtual page for each button or step? 

Sorry, this is all pretty foreign to me. Any help would be incredibly appreciated. 

Thanks!