AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to setup funnel/goals when the urls are index.html#checkout

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ecommerce site which is build in a way that every page's url is index.html#product or index.html#checkout/product1 with advanced ecommerce tracking.

How do I configure goals with Urls like that? GA seems to ignore the #checkout. When checking at Site Content > Pages nothing with # shows up, just the index.html itself.

Conversion tracking is working though because in GTM there are triggers configured for addtocart and purchase, but I have no idea how to access these triggers when creating a goal. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian M
October 2016

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian M
October 2016

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

This should help: http://www.trackify.co.nz/blog/tracking-anchor-tag-hashtag-pageviews-in-google-analytics

Please like and accept if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks very much, this helped!

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Happy to help. :-)

I myself had used this solution and it helped a lot in tracking full urls of the page where # is present in the url.