Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to set outbound link traffic as a conversion goal ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear members,

We want our customers to visit our website and then visit our Amazon product page.

Therefore our ideal conversation goal is clicks from the site to outbound links of  Amazon page . Guess it's the best since we can't correlate GA data with data inside amazon?

How to set this as a conversion goal ? (we already have tracing enabled outbound event in analytics)

P.S: If you think anything mentioned above makes no sense,please call out. I'd be more than happy to hear someone calling me stupid and then correct.

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can setup an event goal for the ' tracking enabled for outbound event in analytics'

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en#goal_configuration_options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot !  Is there a way to find the trackevent format being used now? Our  webmaster is not around.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just look at your Events category report in Behavior > Events

From there you will very likely have a "Outbound link" category you can use in your event-based goal definition 

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien !