AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to set goal when dynamic parameters are passed in URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, we have two pages where I've set up goals but they're not showing any conversions, even though the tracking is confirmed to be working on the pages.

Here are the pages including the parameters:

www.101financial.com/webcast/Confirmation.aspx?s=1&inf_custom_webinardate=12/12/2015&inf_custom_webi... pm&inf_field_Email=test20@test.com&inf_field_firstname=Leadsource Test20

and

www.101financial.com/webcast/Share.aspx?contactId=123435&inf_contact_key=d33fd3decf936c9557eaca81624...

I have set the goals using the "Begins With" option and then put /webcast/Confirmation.aspx?  and /webcast/Share.aspx?

which worked for a previous area in our analytics, but not under this particular website which is www.101financial.com.

What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to set goal when dynamic parameters are passed in URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Melanie,

When you verify your goal, are you getting a value greater than 0%?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold, the goal doesn't verify...our marketing person said not to add any value for this, is that causing the issue perhaps? Are goal conversions only always tied to financial value? Sorry if this is a dumb question, new to this and trying to help Marketing. I'm a web developer, not analytics person. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Melanie,

You don't need to specify a value to make the goals work.

Can you check in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages if the pages appear in the reports like /webcast/Confirmation.aspx?... ?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, the pages show up in the Site Content area so the tracking is working...thanks again!