AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to set goal in Google Analytics that required specific page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So our company has new page that has just implemented (let say  "page x" --> not a landing page) and we want to see how many visitors that through  "page x " convert into the goal (let say "page y"). If I just make the goal destination like "/page y" the goal number that appear is ALL the visitors who reach "page y" (through or not through "page x"), so how I set the goal setting to only show the visitors who reach "page y" through "page x" ? Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to set goal in Google Analytics that required specific page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aldo,

You can set up a custom segment only containing sessions with page URL equals page x, and and use that segment when analysing your goal.

Alternatively, you can set a custom segment with page URL equaling your goal page, and then use the Page-Value dimension in your all-pages report to assess which pages contributed most to your goal completion.

Christoph