Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to put a goal destination

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am wondering whether you could  help me with my query as I am new to GA. I am  supposed to put a goal destination for a website http://www.websitename.com/click/170, whereas what changes each time is the number, in this case it's '170' and 'click' stays the same. I have tried various combinations for /click/ under regular expression, but nothing worked.

I would appreciate your help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

/click/ should work, just give it some time, it can take up to 24-48h for the goal settings to take effect.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks for your quick response! I will wait then and seek your advice in case it doesn't show.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

I have checked my Analytics and the goal still doesnt show any conversions. I am wondering whether it can be related to the fact that Analytics is set up for one website, which then later on redirects to another website with a different domain (that's where I am tracking conversions). Is there a way for me to set a goal for this second website even though Analytics runs data analysis on the first one? Many thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

You need the tracking code installed on both sites in order to track pages on the second site and use them for setting up destination goals.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response! Just a question - if I do so, won't Google Adwords account reflect a distorted number of coversions (as I have put the same tracking code on two sites)? Or do I need to pre-set Adwords in any special way to avoid this double counting? Thank you!