Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to pull or track Bing conversions in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,
I am trying to understand Bing conversions in Google Analytics, my understanding is if I will enable UTM auto tagging for my BingAds account, GA will start automatically tracking Bing/CPC (paid traffic) for my website, as my website is having google analytics pixel installed, can someone confirm if this is correct and no any linking or extra steps are required to enable this feature in GA.I am also assuming Bing organic traffic is by default option available and not requires to enable auto tagging? And in practical does it possible to track Bing conversions in GA as UTM parameters are only getting added with landing page and not with final page? and providing these information only not conversion related

Bing Ads Help
utm_sourceThe site that sent traffic to your page. Bing Ads sets this to Bing.
utm_mediumWhich channel was used. Bing Ads sets this to cpc.
utm_campaignWhich campaign the keyword came from.
utm_contentWhich ad group the keyword came from.
utm_termWhich keyword brought people to your website.
For product ads, what Bing Shopping product group (Criterion ID) brought people to your ad.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dev N
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dev N,

If you have enabled auto tagging in bing, the sessions related data will be reported in analytics (not the cost,clicks,imp.etc data) 
Organic will occur as bing / organic. Just add that search engine in Admin > tracking info > organic search sources.
Also you can setup goals (as thank you page) in analytics, so that you can see the how many bing users converted.
My recommendation would be to install the bing conversion code on thank you page too. so you can see conversions in bing interface.
(There is conversion attribution difference between bing and analytics) 

Thanks,
Ritwik

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

For Bing ad campaigns, you need to include utm parameters in landing page URLs

This will help you see conversion for your ads and also help distinguish organic bing searches from bing ads.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dev N
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dev N,

If you have enabled auto tagging in bing, the sessions related data will be reported in analytics (not the cost,clicks,imp.etc data) 
Organic will occur as bing / organic. Just add that search engine in Admin > tracking info > organic search sources.
Also you can setup goals (as thank you page) in analytics, so that you can see the how many bing users converted.
My recommendation would be to install the bing conversion code on thank you page too. so you can see conversions in bing interface.
(There is conversion attribution difference between bing and analytics) 

Thanks,
Ritwik

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

What are you talking about? organic bing searches are handled natively without modifying property settings.

And adding the bing code on a conversion page without checking for proper attribution makes no sense.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dev N,

Sorry,You don't need to add search engines for bing as it gets naturally added. Its for other search engines.

Thanks for correcting.

Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This totally make sense thanks for your reply...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien for clerification Smiley Happy