Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to measure the success of a virtual agent chat-bot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business will soon be implementing a virtual assistance solution from 247. The 247 software solutions offers a range of standard reports - but we will like to implement tracking within Google Analytics so that we can view this feature as part of the broader user journey on our website.

Ideally, I would like to measure this with similar metrics provided in the site search report (start page, exits, refinements, results per search, etc). There are over 300 answers though, which will be triggered by search queries. In addition, if a user does use site search, they will see our virtual assistant answer and below that, the results from site search.

What metrics would you recommend we track and what would be the best way to set up custom tracking for this tool?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diane K
October 2016

How to measure the success of a virtual agent chat-bot

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What is your goal, what are you trying to achieve with this implementation?

I would take the metrics that answer the question: Did you get the benefit what you thought?

Also I would add an event that registers when user does see this answer so that those users could be then segmented and compared to those who did not see the answer. Then look at the relevant KPIs and see if the "chat-bot" makes a difference.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.