Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to manage a goal with multiple sources of entries

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there ! 

We are about to implement a Freemium option to our SaaS solution.

I would like to track the CTA set at various locations to push our Premium packs, in order to find out which of them generate the most interest. The URL destination will always be the same.

Do you know a good way to proceed?

Thanks for your help and have a lovely monday !

Julien

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to manage a goal with multiple sources of entries

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can pass a query parameter from each CTA to the goal URL like premium.html?cta=test and you will be able to see the goal completions for each tagged URL under Conversions -> Goals -> Goal URLs. Let me know if this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Arnold, it's great that people like you can help us to improve Smiley Happy

The problem with going under Conversions -> Goals -> Goal URLs is we can't see the different navigation paths to convert a common goal, right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien

I Think that will be better in this case to use Event Tracking, You can track different positions to know which one is generate more access to your premium page.

This post can help you https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events