Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to manage: One ecommerce conversion with multiple order pages [1 product, many applications]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a hosted payment page that manages orders of my product (directed from my site), I have been using this URL as a goal destination, however I have 8 applications (or uses, with their own respective pages and order buttons) for the product.

How should I go about managing this in goals? 

For example If I list the end URL of the order page I will collect all visits there from all application pages, not specifically tracking from which application page. Is there a way to track visits to this page from my specific pages? 

I had thought about creating a bit.ly link for each application, then re-directing to the order page, I could then track goals for each application click. However Im sure there must be an easier way + the redirecting may decrease conversions and look unprofessional. 

I am also wondering about tracking full conversions in this context as the order page is a hosted payment page that after the order re-directs to a follow on form (TypeForm) to collect more information. So I'm not sure how to track the full Macro goal conversion specific to each application (aside from the above bit.ly method, which is not possible post-order as I pass user information from the order page to the next form in the URL).

Any help appreciated - Many Thanks - Nathan 

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to manage: One ecommerce conversion with multiple order pages [1 product, many applications]

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nathan,

When you send the users to the thank you page, you can append a query string that identifies from what page they arrived, like:

thankyou.html?app=appname

Then set up a specific goal for each variation.

Let me know if this would work for you.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold, 

Thanks very much for the reply! 

Yes that sounds like a very interesting solution and I think it may work!!

I think in the context of the system I have set up now [where I have three seperate providers managing my order process; Main Site, Hosted Payment Page and final registration form page], it will be a case of passing hidden variables through the URL to each- Which I am already doing between the last two. 

I will report back after I have tried and tested! 

Many Thanks!!