AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to implement a GA Code inside a DoubleClick Floodlight Container?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was looking to implement a GA Code inside a DoubleClick Floodlight container and I keep getting a 'No HTTP Response Detected' error where trying to execute the code. I basically want to set up a GA goal for users arriving on a confirmation of a page.

A question that could be asked is: "Why can't you implement the GA Code directly on the site or via GTM?". There are significant delays to have IT implement it in neither of these ways. So trying to see if there is a workaround to this. Someone suggested the reason it is not communicating to the Google servers while still executing on page load is the fact that it is an async code. Would this be a reason? Would there be a workaround that can allow me to fire the GA inside the DCM Floodlight?

Look forward to hearing thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks,

Fahmi