Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to handle multiple flows in enhanced eCommerce funnel?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Im wondering how to implement a solution to track a checkout process with different amount of steps in the funnel.

In example, if I have a step like "Payment" and the User is using "Creditcard" then he has to fill out an additional form with his data. If he is using Paypal then he doesn't have to. So I have one step more with some users. I've never found a solution for this problem in Google Analytics.

Now my idea is to use different views but then I have the problem of filtering the right data to the specific view.

Thanks for any advice how to handle this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to handle multiple flows in enhanced eCommerce funnel?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

You can use step option to track the payment type, please check measurement step here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce 

Untitled.png

How to handle multiple flows in enhanced eCommerce funnel?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Steffen,

@Suradha P gave you good advice on payment type.  That said, you can also configure a goal funnel (In addition to checkout steps) and use regex and pipe both pages for that step  e.g. /paypal|/cc  and use the goal flow report to see how people progress through the funnel.  

You could also use the same step indicator on both pathes i.e. both options would be denoted step 2, etc.  

Also remember to add paypal to your referral exclusion list.   Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn