Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to fix problem with referrals when registered via gmail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The users of our service have 2 ways to register, the 1st one to fill the form, and the second - to identify by Gmail - http://prntscr.com/ecscqh
In case they choose the 2nd variant, in analytics as a referral we see those wo registered by gmail - http://prntscr.com/ecsd2z

Is there any way we can fix it? If we simply put those in a filter, we won't see the first channel users came from.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You need to add accounts.google.com to the referral exclusion list. To do this go to Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Referral exclusion list. This will prevent accounts.google.com from triggering a new session. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And we we add "accounts.google.com to the referral exclusion list", then we would understabd which channel brought the customer?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey,

Basically the user will return in the original session which has the original referrer associated.

You will still see returning users with this traffic source when they are coming back as direct. They will slowly disappear over time as they reach your campaign timeout (6 months by default). Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital