Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to define new rule in the default channel definition to track the source by params ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI All, 

My i want to create a new rule for Default Channel Grouping to track the source, i have two sources and main domain of those are same, Please check below example 

My website domain is  :   barasso.com 

Redirection sources are like this :     

1.  joinmemebr.com/sky

2.  joinmember.com/earth

I want setup 2 rules to track both sources separately in the  Default Channel Grouping, Please help me on this, i tried below rule but looks not working properly 

source -> contains -> sky 

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to define new rule in the default channel definition to track the source by params ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eroshan J the issue is both /sky and /earth are by default a part of the source dimension so your best bet would be to create utm tags and use the custom values from source/medium/campaign in order to diferentiate.

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Re: How to define new rule in the default channel definition to track the source by params ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Zorin, I cannot do any source code changes now, so this solution might not works for me,

I probably do the same by landing page url, Is there a way to define a new channel to capture by landing URL, for each rout i have ?ref=t or ?ref=st values, so could you please let me know how can i set up a new channel for these ?