AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to define new rule in the default channel definition to track the source by params ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI All, 

My i want to create a new rule for Default Channel Grouping to track the source, i have two sources and main domain of those are same, Please check below example 

My website domain is  :   barasso.com 

Redirection sources are like this :     

1.  joinmemebr.com/sky

2.  joinmember.com/earth

I want setup 2 rules to track both sources separately in the  Default Channel Grouping, Please help me on this, i tried below rule but looks not working properly 

source -> contains -> sky 

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to define new rule in the default channel definition to track the source by params ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eroshan J the issue is both /sky and /earth are by default a part of the source dimension so your best bet would be to create utm tags and use the custom values from source/medium/campaign in order to diferentiate.

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Re: How to define new rule in the default channel definition to track the source by params ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Zorin, I cannot do any source code changes now, so this solution might not works for me,

I probably do the same by landing page url, Is there a way to define a new channel to capture by landing URL, for each rout i have ?ref=t or ?ref=st values, so could you please let me know how can i set up a new channel for these ?