Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to compare conversion rates for different product categories?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to figure out if certain product categories have lower conversion rates than others.  We are not using Enhanced Ecommerce at this time but plan on implementing it later.  From what I can see inside of the Ecommerce Product Performance tab, there is not a good way to get a look at each product categories conversion rate.  Is there a way to do this or am I just dreaming here?  Thanks in advance for any and all feedback on this.

Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to compare conversion rates for different product categories?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Not directly, but you could figure it out -- build a custom report with product category, product revenue, quantity and users.

Then get the total number of users for the same date range off the audience report. calculate (users per product)/(total users)

Lots of reasons why this would be inaccurate, but it is a pretty good approximation.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: How to compare conversion rates for different product categories?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. Would this measurement be more viable with enhanced ecommerce?