Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to analyse conversions in this situation?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone, I would like to know how analyse and see from which ad and site the conversions are coming from. I already  know how to setup analytics and understand most of it, however there are some things that still confuse me. Like in this situation after setting up the goals, the split test in experiments and the url in the url builder I am still not sure why I can’t see from which website and which ad the conversions are coming from. I am currently working with a small PPC network (not Facebook, AdWords or BING). They have dynamic tracking variables which we can insert in the URL builder like {URL} and {AD_ID}

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mincho B
February 2016

Re: How to analyse conversions in this situation?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
when you click on the campaign name and select from Secondary dimension drop down Ad Content you should be able to see AD-ID from the network
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
So to clarify:

URLs look like this when user lands to your site through ads in that PPC network
http://yoursite.com/landing-page?utm_source=ppc-network&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=my-paid-campaig...

and in the network UI something like this:
{URL}?utm_source=ppc-network&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=my-paid-campaign&utm_content={AD-ID}

right?

And you say you have split tests running?
Then you need to check that those campaign parameters get passed in both original and the versions.
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thank you for your reply! Yes that's correct.

I would like to know where I can see from which site and ad the conversions are coming from. I need to look for that data somewhere in analytic right? If that's correct I want to know where exactly?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
in analytics Acquisition->Campaigns
in site When you click your ad, if possible the landing page url should contain the utm parameters...
--

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, thank you so much for your answer, I can now see the websites from which the clicks are coming from, hopefully when the conversions are starting I can see them too, just another quick question; where I can see from which ad the clicks and the conversions came from? I have also set up the "ad" variable in the URL so I must be able to see them somewhere...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mincho B
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
when you click on the campaign name and select from Secondary dimension drop down Ad Content you should be able to see AD-ID from the network
--

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Thank you so much! I can see all now Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Antii, I can see all now the only thing is that for some reason I cannot see the conversions from which site are coming. I have setup the corresponding goals and I have installed analytic code in all pages, (I will double check just in case) but is there any other reason I cannot see the conversions in the campaigns dashboard? Thank you

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
If you do not have site information entered to your campaign parameters you cannot see it.
Normally referring site is shown in source parameter. Since most likely you are overwriting it you need to make sure that you capture that information from the ppc network and place it to your campaign parameters. Most likely you should have dynamic tracking variable for that too
--

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I can see the sites, I have entered the parameters which my ppc network gave me and it works. What I cant see is from which site the conversions are coming.
http://s12.postimg.org/bw9gtu6od/Paid_Search_Traffic_Google_Analytics_2016_02_1.png