Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to add/track a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the basic question, but I created a custom URL so I can see the success of different marketing emails. But when I go to my google analytics page and click acquisition, campaign, all campaign, nothing is there. I know there's activity because I clicked the link a few times myself. How do I add my new campaign?

Thanks!

-Adam

Re: How to add/track a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
If you've just added the campaign tag you'll see it at the report during 24 hrs.
So keep waiting and if there'll be no activity during 24 hrs - feel free to ask again
Have a nice day!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What does 'adding the campaign tag' mean? I created a customer URL on the URL builder. That's about all I've done. How do I create a campaign on google analytics now where I can just drop the URL and see the activity that spawns from the URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You have to add the created URL www.mysite.com/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=social_media_traffic to your newsletter. After the customer will click on it the campaign will appear at the report.