AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
6K members online now
6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to add/track a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the basic question, but I created a custom URL so I can see the success of different marketing emails. But when I go to my google analytics page and click acquisition, campaign, all campaign, nothing is there. I know there's activity because I clicked the link a few times myself. How do I add my new campaign?

Thanks!

-Adam

Re: How to add/track a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
If you've just added the campaign tag you'll see it at the report during 24 hrs.
So keep waiting and if there'll be no activity during 24 hrs - feel free to ask again
Have a nice day!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What does 'adding the campaign tag' mean? I created a customer URL on the URL builder. That's about all I've done. How do I create a campaign on google analytics now where I can just drop the URL and see the activity that spawns from the URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You have to add the created URL www.mysite.com/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=social_media_traffic to your newsletter. After the customer will click on it the campaign will appear at the report.