Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

How to Track a website via GA, having pages on different platforms?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,
We are running Google Analytics on www.signinghub.com. Site is running on WordPress. We have installed Google Analytics code on SigningHub.com and we are able to track all the pages/ traffic easily.

Our goal is to increase the number of registrations. I need to Discuss Two points.

1. Tracking of web.signingHub.com

• People get registration at web.signingHub.com
  • Unfortunately we do not have "thank you" page, which we can use in goal setting.
  • Now recently I've inserted tracking code at web.signinghub.com but Its not working fine and showing some random stats.

See below

Web SignigHub countries.png

Its showing that most of the traffic is coming from Russia. In reality we are getting most of traffic from US and UK (Google Analytics on Signinghub.com confirms that). Also we are getting reasonable traffic on web.signinghub from Pakistan (our regional office) but in above stats none of the traffic is shown from Pakistan or UK etc. Also the overall amount of traffic is showing very less.

2. We have a pricing plan page which is an HTML based page and not linked with Wordpress.

Question: Should we need to install a separate Google Analytics code to track this particular page? 

Looking for the solution of above mentioned scenarios.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Osama N
February 2016

Re: How to Track a website via GA, having pages on different platforms

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Osama,

With all those 100% bounce rates those mostly look like a referral spam issue. Check out https://plus.google.com/+StephaneHamel-immeria/posts/WXdZAEe9Qb5 for a number of fixes.

www.signinghub.com and web.signingHub.com should use two different properties with their own tracking codes UA-XXXXXXXX-1 (www.signinghub.com) and UA-XXXXXXXX-2 (web.signinghub.com).

It is okey if you do not have a thank you page, you can load a tracking image or use event listeners in tag manager https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/conversion-tracking-with-no...

There is no need to use a separate tracking code for the pricing plan, you should use UA-XXXXXXXX-1 (www.signinghub.com) as it will be the primary tracking code for whole signinghub.com domain.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Osama N
February 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Osama,

With all those 100% bounce rates those mostly look like a referral spam issue. Check out https://plus.google.com/+StephaneHamel-immeria/posts/WXdZAEe9Qb5 for a number of fixes.

www.signinghub.com and web.signingHub.com should use two different properties with their own tracking codes UA-XXXXXXXX-1 (www.signinghub.com) and UA-XXXXXXXX-2 (web.signinghub.com).

It is okey if you do not have a thank you page, you can load a tracking image or use event listeners in tag manager https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/conversion-tracking-with-no...

There is no need to use a separate tracking code for the pricing plan, you should use UA-XXXXXXXX-1 (www.signinghub.com) as it will be the primary tracking code for whole signinghub.com domain.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply @Bryan Casson
Now am able to track SigningHub and Web.SigningHub separately via two different codes.

As you suggested I put the same code (which am using to track the SigningHub) in pricing page of SigningHub, but pricing page is still not trackable (Remember its an HTML page and not linked with rest of the site, which is in WordPress).
What am supposed to do now?
Should I need to install another code at pricing page separately and consider it as another property i.e UA-XXXXXXXX-3 ?

Or is there any other way via which I can track pricing page?
Looking for the possible solutions.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @bryan
Issue has been resolved now.
There was some issue in tracking code (mismatch).
Now its working fine.
Thanks